Videoconference Coordinator Training, fall 2011
Videoconference coordinator training is scheduled for October 24, with a deadline of October 17 for registration. $25 covers a day of learning about videoconferencing and how to assist others in your building with implementing the technology into their curriculum. Lunch is provided in the cost. More information below on the page. Register here
The videoconference coordinator is the person in each school responsible for the equipment. This person promotes videoconferencing, assists teachers with registration, and usually assists with connecting the videoconference. Depending on time, the coordinator may or may not stay the whole time during the videoconference with the teacher. In some schools this isn't possible; in others it is preferred.
The videoconference coordinator characteristics include:
- Interested and willing to learn
- Has a great relationship with teachers
- Has the personality and ability to promote videoconferencing to teachers
- Technical skills are NOT required. We can teach the coordinator what they need to be able to connect the videoconferences. Berrien RESA supports most of the connections, so it requires minimal technical knowledge.
Videoconference coordinators in our county include:
- Media paraprofessionals
- Media specialists
- Teams of two teachers
- A teacher interested in educational technology
- Instructional technology specialists
Every October, Berrien RESA offers videoconference coordinator training. This all day $25 session provides:
- an introduction to the equipment
- an overview of the curriculum integration possibilities
- suggests for promoting VC in the school
- practice actually using the equipment
This training is strongly urged for all new videoconference coordinators. Register here .
We also strongly urge videoconference coordinators to go through all three of our online classes over time. This wll provide a solid foundation for a successful program in your school. In our schools where videoconferencing is highly used, these classes have played a major part in the training of coordinators and teachers.
- Planning Interaction Curriculum Connections (introduction)
- Supporting Teachers' Use of Videoconferencing (for coordinators)
- Kid2Kid Videoconference Connections (hand-holding for making a collaboration happen)