Professional Development for Videoconferencing
If staff are new to videoconferencing, we highly recommend a demonstration over videoconferencing to demonstrate the technology. If they are comfortable with videoconferencing, then an onsite workshop without a live connection might be more appropriate. A workshop in a lab where teachers can use a computer lab is useful for selecting and signing up for programs to enrich the curriculum.
- Diving into Videoconferecing - a new, half to hour long program to introduce staff to videoconferencing and how to use it in class curriculum. (this can be scheduled by emailing Josh )
Check the Berrien RESA professional development calendar [link will be added soon] to register for upcoming classes.
These classes address using standards-based videoconferencing or Skype in the curriculum/classroom. At the current time the courses are not being offered, watch for openings or email Josh with questions.
- Planning Interactive Curriculum Connections (introduction to VC)
- 21st Century Communication Collaborations (full assistance with making a collaboration happen from start to finish)
- Supporting Teachers' Use of Videoconferencing (building and sustaining your videoconference program - for your school, district, or service area)
- 123 VC: Jazzing Up Your Curriculum with Videoconferencing
- Read an article about the "Jazz workshop" .
Other VC Workshops, Conference Presentations, and Keynotes
Other presentations can be tailored to your learning needs. Email Josh Bridges for questions.
Meetings and PD Ideas
Videoconferencing can also be used for other meetings and professional development, such as the following. Contact Janine if you need assistance setting up a meeting.
- Evening parent classes with national or regional speakers
- School board training
- New teacher training
- Special guest speakers for various classes and professional development
- Meetings across the state such as with MDE
- Cross district meetings