2009 Teachers' Favorite awards: best content provides
In the spring of 2009, the Berrien County ISD (now Berrien RESA) hosted Teacher's Favorite Awards to select the Best Content Providers for the 2008-2009 school year.
Berrien RESA has been listing content providers' programs since 2000. As the most comprehensive database of videoconference content providers, it has been used nationally since 2002 and sponsored by Polycom since 2003. The Teachers' Favorite Awards program started in 2006 and runs annually in May.
Please visit the Berrien RESA-Polycom VC Content Providers Database for more details on these providers and other content providers. Or browse the full content provider list.
2009 Teachers' Favorite Awards
These providers received the top votes in their category (usually 20-40% of the vote).
- Best Zoos & Aquariums
- Best Science Museums & Organizations
- Best Fine Arts Museums & Organizations
- Best Authors and Experts
- Best Historical Museums & Organizations
- Best Multidisciplinary Museums & Organizations
- Schools, Education Centers and Consortiums
- Best United Kingdom Providers
- Best Canadian Providers
- Best Other International Providers
2009 Teachers' Favorite Honorable Mention
These providers received at least 10% of the vote in their category.
- Amon Carter Museum
- Author Ben Mikaelsen
- Author Janie Panagopoulos
- Author Vicki Cobb
- Bob Bullock Texas State History Museum
- Bronx Zoo
- Canadian Space Agency
- Carnegie Museum of Natural History
- CESA 7
- Cleveland Institute of Music
- Cleveland Metroparks Zoo
- Fort Worth Museum of Science and History
- Global Education Motivators
- Indianapolis Zoo
- Milwaukee Public Museum
- Ontario Science Centre
- Pro Football Hall of Fame
- Smithsonian American Art Museum
- The Biosphere
- The National WWII Museum
- The Story Peddlers
- Tuscarawas Carroll Harrison ESC
- UK National Space Centre
- UK Shakespeare's Global Theatre
- UK The National Archives
- Vanderbilt Virtual School
This year we had 460 votes from 29 U.S. States and 4 Canadian provinces and Singapore. Highest voting states were New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Texas.
Thank you to everyone who completed the survey. Polycom randomly awarded prizes to the following people from the contact information entered at the end of the survey. Polycom sponsors the Berrien RESA-Polycom VC Content Providers Database.
- Chris Rogers, CESA 7, WI
- Verne Benson, Licking Heights Local Schools, Pataskala, OH
- Ladonna Martin, Region 16 ESC, Amarillo, TX
- Matthew Conforth, Passaic Valley Regional High School, Little Falls, NJ
- Charlie Jones, Plymouth Canton Community Schools, Canton, MI
- Mary Owen, McKenzie Special School District, McKenzie, TN
- Andrew Kenen, Kenston HS, Chagrin Falls, OH