Center Based Programs
Serving children ages 0 through 26, Berrien RESA offers a variety of programs and services to meet your student's specific needs.
- Blossomland Learning Center: A center-based school that offers comprehensive programs and therapeutic services for students with severely multiply impaired and moderate to severe cognitive impairments.
- Community-Based Instruction opportunities: Blossomland Learning Center students who are 18 to 26 years old begin to prepare themselves for the transition into life after school. Whether it is independent living, preparing for employment and volunteering or learning to be as self-sufficient as possible, the Community-based program enhances the students education by incorporating life skills into their curriculum. To learn more about the Community-based program, please view this short video.
- Lighthouse Education Center: A center-based education facility designed to provide programs and related services to meet the education requirements of students with severe emotional impairments as well as students with Autism Spectrum Disorder. The Center's goal is to help students develop the skills necessary to return to their local school program.
- Off-site classrooms located in local school districts: Berrien RESA provides a variety of opportunities for students to receive special education services while at the same time participate in general education classes. From students with moderate cognitive impairments to Autism Spectrum Disorder, these classrooms offer students the opportunity to interact and learn with their peers in the least restrictive environment.
- Juvenile Center: In cooperation with the Berrien County Family Court, Berrien RESA operates an educational program at the Juvenile Detention Center. The program provides education services to student s who may remain in the Center from a few days to several months.