Blossomland Learning Center (BLC) encourages community members to
become active in their community. Whether it's for personal fulfillment
or to be a positive influence upon others by contributing to society,
volunteering is a great way to achieve this! BLC is looking for good
volunteers. You can work directly with students or volunteer in a
variety of school settings. Hours are flexible.
- Adult volunteer 18 years of age or older
- High School Students 16 years of age or older
- Available to volunteer 3-4 hours per week
- Able to commit to volunteering for 4 consecutive months
- Willing to follow Berrien RESA Board of Education policies and BLC dress code standards
- Able to attend orientation and training sessions
- Pass a criminal history background check
Before you begin....
Consider your schedule and how much free time you are willing to devote to volunteering. Then decide on what areas interest you.
our list of Volunteer Opportunities and select one or more areas that
you would like to know more about. Please complete an online
application form at www.berrienresa.org.
an in-person interview with the Volunteer Supervisor. You will be
required to complete an application and complete a volunteer
orientation. The orientation includes information on an introduction to
BLC program, building safety procedures, building layout, and
The Rewards of Volunteering....
can make a positive impact on our student's lives. In the school
setting, volunteering helps support school districts with less funding.
It provides an opportunity to make a difference. Volunteering not only
helps the students, but supports our teachers and paraprofessionals
within the classrooms. It also supports the vision and mission of a
successful organization like Berrien RESA. Volunteering not only helps
others...., it helps YOU! Volunteering is fun and rewarding. It gives
you an opportunity to meet new people, learn new skills, or build skills
you are working to develop.
- Art - Assisting classrooms with projects
- Music - Provide musical entertainment with classrooms or teach a basic lesson with individual students
- Library - Cleaning/Organizing and story hour with different classrooms
- Computers - Teach basic skills with group, participate in individual activities with a student
- Physical Education
- Field Trips/Special Activities - Assist staff with monitoring students
If you are interested in contributing to BLC at the commitment level outlined, please fill out the online application form.
You will be contacted to schedule an interview. If selected, you will
have the unique opportunity to contribute to the students of Berrien
County and the BLC family will be excited to have you as a member.